Sunday, January 29, 2017

Which house would you choose?

Hi there cloud friends.  Where does time go???? It has been quite awhile since I posted.  Time just gets away from me.  I'm having lots of fun stitching  the Little House ABC  Samplers.  I have been following Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher.  She is stitching all the houses on one big piece of fabric so that is the choice I made.  They can also be stitched as little pillows.  You all know how much I like making those annoying little pillows so the big design works great for me! I asked my DH which house he wanted to live in so far.  We each chose one.

 I'm not sure of the name of the linen.  I just used some I had in my stash.  I am pretty much sticking to the floss that is recommended on the charts. I have added some red, DMC 3777. 

 Here is my house.  I love salt boxes!!!!

 However, I love Fall so maybe it should be this colonial with the pumpkin patch!! This was the choice of my DH.  I am sorry for the wrinkles!!!

 In spite of the very cold winter we have had, this little hellebore is blooming.  It is a bit tattered and I was surprised when I took a yard walk and found it blooming!

 This tree has been such a joy this winter. The red bark and the evergreens in the back woods have been so pretty. It is on the deck outside our family room window.  Do you see the little chickadee on the branch?

 One day we were out for lunch.  We saw the most fascinating view of the Olympics.  As you can see there were 3 layers, the mountains, a strip of blue sky, and then very dark clouds.  The only thing that does not show up is the way the snow sparked from the sun showing through that strip of blue.  It just took our breath away.


I hope this finds you all doing well and healthy.  Thanks so much for joining me today!!

29 comments:

  1. Great job on your sampler--it is going to be a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! The houses are lovely!! I like the same one you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colonial. It would stay Fall all year long! Love mountain pictures. Those are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hellebores are a bit ahead of mine. My, your mountains look like the Alps (as do ours in Oregon). SO much snow this year. Did you notice that you had a Chestnut-backed Chickadee in your tree (rather than a Black-capped Chickadee).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stitching Barb,I do like this series.
    Your photos are beautiful,but it must be wonderful to see them in all their majesty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the houses are lovely!! The mountain view is very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The house Sampler is coming along so pretty.
    I like FGH, but I have to admit, I wouldn't want to clean all of those windows! :)
    The Mountains are beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. The house Sampler looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can understand that you adopted Vonna's version. So great to see all these little houses on one piece of fabric. It's not easy to choose one little house - they are all beautiful.
    Ohhhhh, you already have flowers peaking through the ground. Nothing like this at my place, the layer of snow is still too thick.
    Thank you so much for the two fantastic pictures of the Olympic mountains. They are really breathtaking ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love seeing all of those cute houses on one piece of fabric, Barb! I think I like the same one you do... saltboxes are not as common as other house types and I think that is what appeals to me :)

    Oh, I so love the view of the mountains--I am much more a mountain girl than a beach girl! I truly do hope to see them in person some day!

    Enjoy these last couple days of January!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stitching on the little houses, they all look very pretty.
    What fabulous view of the mountains, breath taking & simply soothing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colonial. :) The sampler looks wonderful! So do those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching! I love all those houses but if I had to choose, I would have chosen the white one! :) Lovely pictures from your lunch - oh those mountains!!! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sampler is looking great! I am a colonial-type person also...I need a lot of room for all my stash and genealogy stuff! Gotta ask the name of the red tree? It is wonderful, and your Chestnut-back Chickadee makes me a little jealous!! So pretty! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well HEY HEY Yours looks FABULOUS! And the shot of the Olympics! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the early flowers, so pretty and so full of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little houses are lovely and I like them all on one piece of fabric. Beautiful mountain views!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love them all stitched together. Hard to pick a favorite - I love the ABC and the IJK houses. : ) The Olympics are so majestic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks lovely so far, I'd choose the colonial too.
    Your picture are gorgeous, what a view!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your house sampler is looking lovely. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Little House ABC sampler is looking great!!
    I do so love the Olympic Mountains! I had a chance to get a glimpse when we changed planes in Seattle on Monday - always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! The mountains look so very pretty, Barb, you do live in a magnificent part of the world. My favourite house is the same as your DH, the white colonial. Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your LHN ABC Sampler. Beautiful mountains. I hope to see them some day. How lucky you are to have flowers blooming.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Barb: Totally love the mountain photos.
    I have never stitched a piece like you are doing, it reminds me of a small neighbor hood, so sweet.
    You are so lucky to have flowers blooming so very pretty. Love the bird hiding in the branches.

    Blessings
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great work on building your houses. I like the white one too, I'm not keen on square houses!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all those adorable houses! The mountains look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't succumbed to the ABC houses but I do have all the patterns and fabric for a different set from Little House - it's also Christmas but I can't remember the name right now. My grandson lives in Seattle - I hope someday to visit him there. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow love your sweet houses....so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a lovely sampler, Barb! And a beautiful Nativity set too. I think our Nativity is the thing I most enjoy bringing out each year at Christmas.

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete