Monday, December 14, 2015

Advent Calendar Blog Hop

Hi all!  It is December 14th, my day to post on Jo's Advent Calendar Blog Hop.  Thanks so much Jo, for organizing this blog hop.  Jo has a great blog at Serendipitous Stitching.  So if you haven't been over to visit her, take a look and I know you will enjoy her blog.
I have chosen a piece that I stitched in 2009 to share with you today.



This is " A Weary World Rejoices" by Shakespeare's Peddler.  I have added the explanation of the symbolism that the designer chose. I still put this up in my foyer each Christmas season.  I love it for two reasons. One, the title is taken from one of my favorite Christmas Carols, and two, it is designed as a sampler.
  We are asked to describe our traditions on Christmas Eve.  This is not easy because it seems like ours keep changing.  Our children are grown and that makes a difference.  Every other year we go to Alabama to spend Christmas with our son, daughter-in-law and our two wonderful grand children.  This is not our year to go so it will be much simpler.   I picture that we will spend the day quietly.  I will probably do some stitching and my DH will do some Sudoku.  We will go out for a very nice lunch at one of our favorite restaurants in the early afternoon.  The most important part of the day will be attending Church services that evening.  We are Lutheran so we have not been singing Carols only songs that celebrate  the Advent season.  I always look forward to the candle light service and the singing of the Christmas Carols. After Church we will watch a Christmas movie and enjoy some eggnog and cookies.
Christmas Day will be much busier as we are having friends for dinner. I hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas!

25 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too Barb. O Holy Night is one of my favourites too. Your sampler is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Barb! I don't think I've ever seen "A Weary World Rejoices" its so beautiful. I like how you printed the meaning what the sampler represents on the back. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
    Your sampler is lovely and I really like that you have included all the symbolism too.
    Your Christmas Eve sounds lovely. Maybe next year you can tell us about the one with your children and Grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful sampler.
    O Holy Night was my dad's favourite carol.I always think of him when I hear or sing it.
    Hope you have a lovely Christmas Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by on the blog hop. Beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing the symbolism. Hope you have a Happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very lovely Christmas design, it's the first time I've seen it and quite tempted now:) I love that you included the meanings too, thanks for sharing. Have a peaceful and wonderful Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stitched symbols are more meaningful than I had realized; so glad you included them. I became Lutheran when I married my DH, so really know what you mean about enjoying the carols on Christmas Day - I really missed singing them during all of December! This past Friday I heard a world renowned soprano sing 0 Holy Night and I now know what it will be like hearing the angels sing. It was truly a gift. Wish I could share it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful sampler that you stitched and put up for every Christmas season. To me it sounds great how you will be spending Christmas Eve this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Sampler you have stitched.
    I wish you a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this sampler Barb! It sounds like a lovely plan for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely. Your Christmas Eve and Day sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sampler.
    Wishing you a lovely Christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for the carols too! Thank you so much for sharing your traditions with us! I love your sampler and it is perfectly stitched as all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful sampler, Barb! Your Christmas Eve sounds like a wonderful day!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a beautiful sampler, Barb! And it sounds like you have some lovely things planned for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas to you!! Nice to know about your tradition and holiday plan. Lovely sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic sampler! I love the explanation of the symbols used in the design. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas Bab! I'm so taken by your Advent Sampler, what a special piece it is. One of my very favorite carols too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Advent Sampler, and your very informative and interesting post. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your finished piece looks great! In thinking about traditions, I realized we don't really have any!! Ack! Have a good Christmas! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Merry Christmas!
    Your sampler is gorgeous... and I loved reading your post!
    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful sampler. Thank you for sharing your traditions. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  23. The sampler is beautiful and your Christmas Eve sounds lovely

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very Merry Christmas and a happy and creative 2016! Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful sampler, I love the symbolism. I do like a candle light service, but it's been a while since we've been to one.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete