Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Just Stitching

Hi there cloud friends! Well after two days of rain and gloom, it was nice to see the sun this morning, however, it is already gone!  Thankfully we live up high and never flooded.  Lots of folks up here are flooded out today.  We did loose power for 9 hours yesterday.  We are lucky to have it back as they said on the news, it would take several days to restore all the power. Anyway, I decided to show you the stitching I have been doing.  Last year I won an ornament chart from Mary Ann at the blog "Just Stitching".  She so generously decided to give me each of the ornament sampler charts for the entire year.  I love them and will try to get most of them stitched.

 This is "Old Colonial" I did change the house to red.  I have a thing for red houses.

 Another red house on" Merry Christmas" Actually now that I see them together, maybe I have too many red houses.

This was my favorite  called "Sweet Apples".  The colors are not at all true to the pretty colors of the ornaments.  By the way, I love Lakeside Linen 32 ct. sand dune.  I use 123 Stitch and they don't seem to have it any more.  Any ideas where I can find it?
The next challenge is to get them made into little pin keeps for the bowl I had planned to use for the Halloween pin keeps that never quite got finished. Next, I am planning Hannah's ornament for this year.  I have made one for her each year since she was born.  This will be number 3.
Well, thanks for joining me and have a wonderful week!

24 comments:

  1. Pretty ornaments...I like all of them! Oh it is rainy here today...and it is going to turn much colder by the weekend. Guess Fall is just about over...hope you get more stitching time and are feeling better. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those ornaments!! They will make great pin keeps!! It looks like Stoney Creek and Traditional Stitches have vintage sand dune by Lakeside Linen. I would email 123 and ask if they know how long it will be - since they have better prices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these all!! I too have a thing for red houses. One can never have too many! :) If you can't find that linen, I can check for you here at the shop I go to. Just let me know - or if you prefer, check Sheena's Gallery. If they have it, I'd be more than happy to ship it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ornaments! I get a lot of my fabric from Inspired Needle. Good luck on your hunt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were lucky and our power only flickered a few times, though we did lose our internet connection and half the roof on the back porch. We live a couple miles west of Graham, WA. You might try Stitches 'N Things for your linen. They are fantastic - I get almost all my cross stitch supplies from them and have for years. Enjoy your blog and your stitching is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your ornaments!! We had sunshine here in Kennewick this morning, but the clouds have moved back in. At least the wind is gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that you are enjoying stitching the ornaments--lovely stitching! I started the 11th one, "Christmas in the Country", last night. Get your red floss ready--another house! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty ornaments Barb! Glad your power is back on !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, 9 hours is also too long, glad it's back on for you.
    Great ornaments you've stitched.
    Can't wait to see Hannah's ornament for the year.
    I hope you are feeling better every day, and hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely ornamenets, you were so lucky to win the first chart, what a generous lady she is to give the remaining charts to you.
    I think Stitchville USA in Minnesota still sells Lakeside linens.
    Can be found on the internet.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have had lots of wind, tonight lots of rain. Such pretty smalls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have had lots of wind, tonight lots of rain. Such pretty smalls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful ornaments !! :) hope you don't have further power issues.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful little stitching.
    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those are lovely little designs! Sweet apples is my favourite, the colours are just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you didn't have any flooding, Barb--that's the last thing you need!! And I'm glad your power wasn't out too, too long.

    What pretty ornaments--you can never have too many red houses (especially on a Christmas tree!). That was so sweet of Mary Ann to send you her charts!

    Hope your weekend is a relaxing one and I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Apples is my favourite too,it is so pretty.You other stitching also lovely,very Christmassy.
    We have had high winds and a power cut this week,only two and half hours which is a short one in our area.I always think of the men and women who go out in appalling weather to make repairs so that we get our power back.




    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty ornaments Barb. I do like the house ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can never have enough red Christmas houses, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crazy weather you're having! Your finishes are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad that the flooding did not reach you! What cute little ornaments you have stitched... I look forward to seeing the finishes, plus the rest of the set! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The ornies are lovely. I don't think you can have enough little red houses! They will look like a proper little village in a basket together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These little ornies are so lovely, I also love houses on ornies, samplers and all other kinds of patterns, lol. Isn't Mary Ann just a generous stitching frined? Last year she sent me all the monthly patterns by Hands on Design because I couldn't get the magazine they were in. I was so thankful.

    ReplyDelete